Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: Rain and Pediatrics


It rained today and I was completely unprepared. I couldn't tell it was raining either, it was dark since I left the house at 5:30 for the hospital and I didn't look at the weather report, so when I realized the sky was dripping on me I didn't really know what to do.

And I decided not to worry about it since I'd be inside soon enough, for the rest of the day. Would that it weren't so true.

I've started a new 4 week neurology rotation and I'm on pediatric neurology for 2 weeks. It's great. I really missed being on a pediatric service. I find I get more anxious though. I think I kind of overthink it because I really want to do well, since this is what I'll be applying to this year, and it makes me more likely to beat myself up when I don't know the answer. I cried twice on Monday. I need to get it together.

So overall it's been kind of tough this week, adjusting back.

And my food's been boring. So we could call this What I Ate Wednesday: A Boring Normal Busy Workday.

Breakfast: Double tall Protein Shake. 1 cup soymilk, 1 frozen banana, vegan protein powder, strawberry. I just wasn't in the mood for my regular oatmeal this morning. It could have something to do with the enormous quantities of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter I consumed last night, so I chose to drink my breakfast.

Morning Snack: PBJ. Not really sure whether to call this morning snack or Breakfast Part II, but it gets me through rounds without keeling over. Yes this is a recycled picture. From Christmas. I'm really on top of my game.


Lunch: Linkett Sandwich, Peanuts & Raisins. Technically this is a picture of a Tofurky sandwich, but you get the idea.



Afternoon Snack: Fuji Apple.


Dinner: Amy's French Country Vegetable Soup with peas. Here's my extra cup of veggies for the day for this month's WIAW theme. I find it also improves the taste and cuts the salt in these soups. 


For Dessert I'm deciding between tea and hot chocolate. Leaning toward hot chocolate. It's raining after all!

Did it rain where you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!