Monday, May 16, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 33 Weeks

Highlights this week include a lot of days when I didn't really get dressed because I was studying at home.

Bump: This week I'm sporting a Stitch Fix dress again. I'm dressed up for our baby shower, which I'll write about another time.



1. How far along are you? 

33 weeks

2. How big is baby? 

A bunch of celery or cauliflower. Estimated weight according to my app is 4.19 pounds. 

3. Total weight gain/loss

I've gained 20 pounds total as of the 32 week appointment, with an 8 pound gain in the past 4 weeks. I'll have another update on this next week since I'm now to every-2-week appointments.

4. Purchases

We didn't make any purchases but we had a baby shower and received lots of gifts which was really wonderful. In the next few weeks we'll be buying the rest of the essentials to have before he arrives. I'm kind of looking forward to working on the "supplies" preparation because it feels like a very tangible way to help me feel ready.

5. Sleep

I had more middle-of-the-night insomnia this week. A few times when I woke up at night I couldn't go back to sleep for an hour or 2. 

6. Symptoms

I'm feeling overall pretty good this week. I think a little more regular exercise has been helping avoid aches and pains. The most noticeable thing now is just how pronounced his movements are - I can feel him a lot more when I'm not paying attention than I used to. I'm also having that classic "nesting" feeling and find myself wanting to organize and get rid of things.

7. Rings on or off?

Off. I sorted through my jewelry the other day and found a kind of simple inexpensive ring that's bigger than my regular ones so I started wearing that instead.

8. Belly button in or out?

I'm going to call it out. It doesn't look like I expected it to, which may seem weird that I had a mental image of what by belly button would look like in pregnancy, but turns out I did. It's flipped out, but it's not uniformly flipped out. It's like flat with a hat.

9. Food cravings

It's still smoothies and vegetables. I also made this Summer Curried Corn Chowder this week that was really good.


10. Fitness

This week I've been walking a long loop around the golf course more regularly but I didn't go to the gym at all, and I'm still doing yoga for my strength training but often it's only 10 minutes a day. I'd like to do a bit more this week.  

11. Feelings and Mood

I'm really doing pretty well and feeling mostly happy. Instead of moody or cranky, I'm finding that when I'm not feeling happy the negative emotion is anxiety. I'm worry about a lot of things and I think I get overwhelmed more easily.

12. Pregnancy Perks and Snarks

As I mentioned, we had a baby shower hosted by a friend from church this week. A bunch of our friends came and it was just really nice - we felt very supported.

13. Best moment this week

There were a lot of great moments this week that were small things - we're really just enjoying these last few weeks of our very quiet lives. I think the best moments this week were my long walks. They helped calm my mind, I always take Luna and she's always really happy to be walking and it makes me feel active and healthy.

And that's it - thanks for reading my 33 week update, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!