Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Love You Sisters, and _ Days Worth of Absence

My sisters love me. Proof? I haven't blogged in almost two weeks and these are actual screenshots from my facebook:




YES Shannon I'm still alive. Geez. I called you like not that long ago I swear. Okay it was a while ago. I'm sorry. I love you.

My life goes so much better when I talk regularly to my sisters, but we just seem to keep getting busier and now here they are on my wall wondering if I've died.

What does this mean? I need to study less and blog more. Obviously.

No chance I can catch you up on all the details of the past ___ days and honestly you'd be a little bored, so here's just some things:

We trialed some wedding nails with a gel manicure. It's still going along pretty well 2 weeks later. I LOVED not having to worry about it chipping. Wedding decision #493: check.


I celebrated my 6th Valentine's Day with John. Also our only engaged one. Hopefully. I made him steel cut oatmeal. The real kind. And much better than that he took me on dates and bought me a plant. Which might be dead. I haven't seen it in a few days. I should probably check.

Last weekend I went camping. John and I went with some new and old friends and it was a nice adventure. I've done very little camping, and this was certainly camping "light" but we still cooked everything over a fire and slept in tents and I do NOT feel that the experience was in any way cheapened by having real bathrooms.

The biggest problem is that I can't seem to completely get the smoke smell out of everything. Worth it though.

Vegan campfire hot dog: Loma Linda Linkett roasted over the fire with ketchup and mustard on a heel of Trader Joe's fiber wheat bread. 

Also enjoyed were bean burritos, Clif bars, PBJ, Linkett lettuce wraps and plenty of fruit. 

I go to class and sometimes I buy good (great, so delicious) snacks that I can't really afford. 

They sell these in the hospital cafeteria and when I pay with my badge it's like it's not real money. Right?

And the rest of the time I've been eating some version of a sandwich. Often PBJ because I can't even be bothered to buy lettuce. 

And ready-to-eat Indian food. Tonight I got wild and added peas. I seriously thank my Mom for this supply of ready-made meals every night that I don't know what to make. It was such a good Christmas present. 


Oh and right, I'm on my internal medicine rotation and trying to schedule my fourth year and Boards Step 2 and the wedding and fitting in workouts because apparently people take a lot of pictures at weddings and apply for financial aid and do my taxes and all those other things that apparently grownups do. It didn't used to feel so hard to get everything done. I can't pinpoint exactly the transition, but I constantly find myself drowning in my to-do list. 

I have lots of things coming up for the blog too, like a new page with some goals and challenges - a 25 by 25, and maybe even some more frequent posting. I shouldn't make any promises though, I still have 7 more weeks of this Medicine rotation.

I'll say it again Shannon. I'm not dead.

We couldn't have always lived like this - at what point in your life did you start to feel like there was too much to get done? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!