Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: Internal Medicine



As always a big thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons!

Internal Medicine is my new rotation, and since it's outpatient right now the hours are still pretty reasonable, but I know in a couple weeks it's going to blow up and I'll feel like I never see my house, so I'm trying to cram in as much studying as possible. I wouldn't say things are boring, they're just kind of routine. I do love that I don't start until at least 7:30 am, so I can work out and still have a little time in my morning, instead of leaving the house at 5 like my roommate. That part of the rotation is coming for me though, just a couple weeks away. 



Post-workout Pre-Breakfast Shake. 1/2 frozen banana, 1/2 cup soymilk, 5 g vanilla rice/pea protein powder. I use the Magic Bullet short cup.



Breakfast: Granola Yogurt Bowl. This one has soy vanilla yogurt, bulk bin granola, and blueberries.


Lunch: Thai Crunch Salad. Veggie Love! This is the Peas and Thank You recipe, with a store-bought teriyaki marinade and salad dressing. I made an enormous box of it - the full recipe, without the dressing, and I'm taking it out in portions each day. There are so many veggies in here - 2 types of greens, scallions, carrots, cucumber. Plus healthy protein like edamame and tofu.



Dinner: Amy's Chunky Vegetable Soup, Gardein Mandarin Orange Crispy Chicken. More Veggie Love! I was feeling a little uninspired, and had just woken up from an awesome 2 hour nap. Minimal effort on this one.


Snacks: Apples, Orange. I actually had three of these baby apples. It may have been too many.


Tea.



Favorite vegetable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!