Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I've been busy lately. And when I say busy, I mean my normal life/fun things/3 episodes of Criminal Minds on Tuesday evening. So not really busy. I should be busy - studying mostly - and I'm working on it, but as I ramp up the study hours and scale back the skittering-around-having-too-much-fun hours, here's a post full of fun from last weekend that I can look back on fondly.

When I found out I had all of Memorial Day Weekend free, I was really surprised. Yes, I'm on my Psychiatry rotation. And in general it's considered a little less rigorous than some other ones, but I was still shocked to be getting an extra holiday. It's a third year medical student dream.

So for Memorial Day Weekend I trekked up to Santa Barbara and got to see some of my very best friends.



We had a lunch at Sojourner Cafe - this is the special, a tofu stirfry. And split a Vanilla Chai Cake Trifle for dessert. Dessert is my favorite part of this place.

I got to see my girl Christina's new place. We went to the beach. Bri's baby has grown so much since I saw him 4 months ago. AHHH so adorable!




Me, Kitra.

We also had some Blenders - the best smoothies I've ever had ever. My favorite's Guava. Kitra and I went shopping. I spent $50 at Teavana. How does that happen? Well I'm prepared with enough Wild Orange Blossom/Youthberry tea blend to ice for the rest of my life.


[Photo Credit to Bri and Brennan - thanks!]

And I just got to catch up with my friends. I'm so lucky to have them.




Then I made the trek to Irvine for Monday, where John and I went to Newport Peninsula and rented bikes, took care of some important wedding things (Honeymoon is booked!!!) and of course found an excuse to go to Native Foods.


This was the Veggie Pizza. As Native Foods goes I was actually kind of unimpressed. It was good, but usually I can count on it being amazing. It was a little too oily, and it seemed like something was missing. I saved half for leftovers and added Daiya to it at home, which took it up a notch.

Confession: When I got back Monday night I was dead exhausted, but in the best way. The way that makes you feel like it's because you were really living.

It's a little belated, but I hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!