Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stitch Fix Maternity Review #3

I got another Stitch Fix this week and I'm very excited to share it with you.


You can read my first Stitch Fix post for an overview of how it works. 

In short: I get 5 items chosen based on my personal style, I get to try them on with my current wardrobe, keep the ones I love and send back the others.

This time in my note to my stylist Natalie I asked for another maxi dress since I have an upcoming graduation and baby shower, that everything be compatible with breastfeeding, and to keep the palette "light and bright" for spring.


So here they are:

1. Dante Cut Out Metal Oval Layered Necklace from Bancroft


After my feedback on my last fix I thought the size of this was great, but I wanted a little more color or variety of pattern I guess - it just didn't feel like me.  

Status: Returned

2. Carlita Knit Maxi Dress from Loveappella




[cute candid John - thanks]

This pattern was nice, but it was the exact same style/cut as the maxi dress I kept from my last fix. I imagine the selection of maternity maxi dresses at Stitch Fix is still a little limited, but I was hoping for something a little different.

Status: Returned

3. Andria Knit Maternity Dress from Loveappella




I don't really have anything this color in my wardrobe and I liked it, but the dress was too thin with visible underwear lines that I have tried to avoid showing in this photo. I also thought the cross-front was really awkward. Either the seams go directly across my chest, or I could pull both sides down a little but then it was way too much cleavage. Just did not work.

Status: Returned

4. Liam Lace Henley Maternity Top from Full Moon




This color is awesome, it still has a little room to grow, it's nursing compatible, it's super soft and I just love it. I'm actually wearing it as I type this. 

Status: Kept!

5. Albany Ruffle Front Maternity Knit Top from Market & Spruce





This color was really pretty and I thought about keeping this, but it just felt a little tight. I probably have 10-15 more pounds to gain and several inches in my belly and I just wasn't sure it would last me to the end. It did really frame the belly though and I liked that.

Status: Returned

Cost:
Dante Cut Out Metal Oval Layered Necklace from Bancroft: $32
Carlita Knit Maxi Dress from Loveappella: $78
Andria Knit Maternity Dress from Loveappella: $68
Liam Lace Henley Maternity Top from Full Moon: $48
Albany Ruffle Front Maternity Knit Top from Market & Spruce: $48

Total Cost for items kept: $48 (minus $20 already paid for styling) = $28

Even though I only kept one item, I feel like my stylist really listened to my feedback and this fix felt very personalized. I've just found in looking at my complete wardrobe that I don't need a lot more until after I deliver. Although I did want another dress for either graduation or the baby shower, not having one I wanted in this fix actually led me to look again at what I have, and it's plenty.

I've decided not to ask for another fix until after I deliver, and then I'll see what I need. I feel like my postpartum body is just a big mystery at this point - I have no idea what my shape or size will be or how quickly I'll lose weight. With that in mind, I'm just planning to work with what I have and get some inexpensive basics in between if I need them. 

Anyway, this was fun and I'm very glad Stitch Fix has maternity clothes!

If you want to try it, you can check out Stitch Fix here for more information. If you decide to sign up, using my referral code [which is the above link] helps me out with some site credit which of course I appreciate, but you don't need a referral code to sign up.

Which item is your favorite? 

Bump status in these photos: 31 weeks.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!