Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks

I'm a little late on my post this week. Usually I write these over the weekend, and it's Wednesday, but the Memorial weekend just got away from me. 

Bump: This is a Motherhood Maternity tank top with navy H&M maternity shorts. John thought the front-view photo this week was kind of funny because it's harder than usual to tell I'm pregnant in the black shirt when in fact I am very pregnant.



1. How far along are you? 

35 weeks

2. How big is baby? 

A pineapple. Estimated weight according to my app is 5.07 pounds. Apparently my uterus is now 1000 times it's normal size - pregnancy is super weird.

3. Total weight gain/loss

As of my 34 week appointment I had gained 21 pounds total. I'll have another update on that at the 36 week appointment.

4. Purchases

I bought this nursing bra over the weekend in black. I already had the blush colored one and it's the only one I can stand to wear regularly - anything with underwire or a non-elastic band is super uncomfortable - so it was time to get another one I could trade out for the one I've been constantly wearing. The sizing is kind of weird - I'm an XL but I'm not a very big person, and it doesn't match up with their size chart at all. 

5. Sleep

Sleep was mostly better this week compared to last week. I was awake for shorter stretches in the middle of the night. It's still not a solid night's sleep, but I've pretty much accepted those days are over for the foreseeable future.

6. Symptoms

I had a couple really painful episodes of heartburn this week. That was new and really kind of awful - they each lasted 3 or 4 hours despite taking medicine. I couldn't lie down or get comfortable and sometimes threw up. At least they weren't consistent and most meals I had no problem. I should just be grateful I haven't been dealing with that throughout the whole time. I did have some decreased appetite as well. My baby is still really high and there's just a lot of compromising for space to breathe, eat and grow a baby at the same time. 

7. Rings on or off?

Off. I'm still wearing a substitute ring that's a little bigger in place of my wedding band and it's very comfortable.

8. Belly button in or out?

We decided a couple weeks ago that it's out. 

9. Food cravings

Comfort foods and healthy things. Here's one of our dinners from this week: tofu cauliflower lasagna and a kale salad. In the morning I've been mostly drinking smoothies.


10. Fitness

I didn't try anything new this week, but did some walking and yoga like usual.

11. Feelings and Mood

I was kind of chill this week I think. I'm not sure this category is fair - I should probably have John answer this question every week. My self-assessment may be inaccurate at this stage. Really though, we had some car trouble (ended up hanging out in a Smith's parking lot for over 2 hours and getting it towed) and I think I was pretty calm about it. Maybe that was the Oreos. 


12. Pregnancy Perks and Snarks

I really can't think of anything for this category this week. No particular positives or negatives that stood out. 

13. Best moment this week

We went to a couple parties over the weekend - a gender reveal party for another pregnant friend (hers is a boy too!) and a BBQ on Sunday that were both really fun. Nothing really to do with pregnancy, just getting out and being social. 

And that's it - thanks for reading my 35 week update, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!