Monday, May 23, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks

Highlights this week include my 34 week appointment, a breakfast date and lots of studying. A big thanks to whoever linked one of last week's photos on Pinterest, what a compliment!

Bump: Today's dress is from Motherhood Maternity and is also one I bought very early on and have been wearing throughout particularly for work.



1. How far along are you? 

34 weeks

2. How big is baby? 

A butternut squash (which seems enormous?!). Estimated weight according to my app is 4.63 pounds. 

3. Total weight gain/loss

At the 32 week appointment I had gained 20 pounds total. As of my 34 week appointment this week I gained 1 more pound, so I'm now up 21 pounds total. Of course when you're dealing in that small a number it varies by time of day, water retention etc. I think the point is that my weight gain still seems to be healthy, and really that's all that matters.

4. Purchases

Again we didn't make any purchases this week. We're planning to order or shop for the rest of the essentials pretty soon. I think I have enough warm weather pregnancy clothes to make it through the next 6 weeks and I'm so far totally okay wearing the same outfits every week - I'd rather save money now for some more nursing compatible clothes I'll need in the future and other expenses we have coming up.

5. Sleep

Objectively sleep is a lot worse this week, but it doesn't bother me a lot since I have the flexibility in my schedule to rest when I need to during the day. I do realize how completely blessed I am to be spending these last few weeks with such a self-directed schedule. I fall asleep fairly easily, but I'm waking up a lot more and almost always staying awake between 1.5-3 hours in the middle of the night. About 3 times this week I woke up around 2:30 or 3 AM and just stayed awake and got up with John at 5. 

6. Symptoms

I had a really painful neck strain this weekend but who knows if that was pregnancy related or would have happened anyway. My hands and feet do swell in the heat, so usually they'll be a little swollen after I walk Luna, but otherwise they're pretty normal. I'm also just bigger. I really noticed it this weekend when my neck was hurting - how much effort it takes me to sit or stand from lying down. I'm sure that's only going to get much worse.

7. Rings on or off?

Off. I'm still wearing a substitute ring that's a little bigger in place of my wedding band and it's very comfortable.

8. Belly button in or out?

We decided last week that it's out. 

9. Food cravings

Most of what I'm craving is healthy, but I do feel like my cravings are getting more specific. Not weird foods, but I'll really want a particular meal at a particular time. 

We went to Tia B's La Waffleria this weekend for a breakfast date. There's a build your own option as well but I chose the Bombay Coconut. It's vegan and gluten free. This place has been here a while and is super close to our house but for some reason we haven't tried it before.


I also got a soy London Fog

10. Fitness

I did a lot less exercise this week if I'm objective about it. I walk Luna regularly, and also still walked to campus 3 days last week, but even when I did yoga it was a little lighter and more stretching and breathing than really strengthening. I have goals for this week - obviously I'm not becoming any kind of athlete, but I'm more productive in studying and my other tasks if I exercise too so I have some plans.

11. Feelings and Mood

I was a little moodier this week. I'm still mostly happy but I definitely have a harder time bouncing back from a disappointment or a stress. Or more often a problem I've made up in my head.

12. Pregnancy Perks and Snarks

My baby's movements are big enough now they're easy to see from the outside when you look at my belly. That's been going on for a while but it seems more dramatic now. This week I took advantage of it to send a video to my sisters, which I'm sure they found completely creepy. You're welcome.

13. Best moment this week

I met John for lunch in the middle of the work day one day this past week. I had been having a hard day and it was really helpful. I think I was kind of down during the actual meal, I doubt it was a highlight of the week for John but it was really great for me because it turned my day around.

And that's it - thanks for reading my 34 week update, see you soon.

1 comment:

madockma said...

The T-Fal T-Shirt: What You Need To Know
We titanium white wheels love to titanium rings for men try out 2020 ford edge titanium for sale our T-Shirt. Our T-Shirt is ford ecosport titanium designed for casual casual, T-Shirt. T-Shirt. T-Shirt. mens titanium watches T.

Post a Comment

Add a comment!