Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WIAW: Los Alamos


What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.
 
I'm still living in Los Alamos for another couple weeks. Yesterday there was the prettiest light snow all day just drifting in front of the clinic window. Not so much that the roads are bad, which is really the ideal amount of snow.
 
The walk by my apartment.
 
Meals here have been a little more convenience-based that when I'm at home. Although there's a relatively functional kitchen, I don't have all my tools and space so I've been making simpler things.
 
Breakfast: Avocado Toast. Nothing about my love for avocado toast has changed though. This is half an avocado on 2 pieces of Dave's Killer Bread with grape tomatoes, salt and pepper.
 
 
Lunch: Amy's Bowls. The grocery store up here has a lot more options compared to the one in Albuquerque in terms of healthy ready-made food. I've been taking either these or the burritos for lunch.
 
 
Snacks: Banana and granola bar. Unpictured. Usually I take these with me to eat during work. I remember I time when I really would have eaten just the Amy's bowl for lunch - I was hungry all the time. I eat a lot more snacks now.
 
Dinner: Pizza. John and I made these individual pizzas using pitas for the crust this weekend, and I've been making them on my own for dinners. Loaded with broccoli, pepper, tomato and olive with Daiya mozzarella for the cheese, they're a complete and very easy meal.
 

 


And that's a day in Los Alamos. My hours are normal clinic schedule, so I've been knitting a ton and working out a little and just trying to enjoy living up here.
 
Thanks for reading, see you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!