Thursday, February 18, 2016

Exciting Announcement!

I'm having a baby in June!


I didn't want to bury the lead too much, so that's the highlight of this post.

I logged on to write a post and found it had been even longer than I thought since the last one. If you missed it (you know, 4 months ago, it's the 28 by 28 here).

My holiday season was full of family, friends and an absolute ton of travel and my new year started with busy rotations and plenty that kept me occupied and away from my desk here.

If we're honest though, I think I had a whole other reason for not writing: it was hard to write casually when I was keeping the secret of being pregnant.

We told family around 13 weeks and others shortly after that, but I didn't want to make a post about it until I was much farther along because I was interviewing for jobs from about week 13-16 and until I had an opportunity to be professional and tell the job that I accepted, I didn't want it to come from somewhere else.

Now that even my future workplace knows though, and I can't really hide it anymore, it doesn't have to be buried on the blog either.

I'm 21 weeks today, which hopefully means we're over halfway there.

Baby is the size of a baby bok choy or a pomegranate, according to my apps.

We did find out the gender on Monday, but we've sent a little something to our family members to reveal it, so once they've all had a chance to find out, I'll be sharing whether it's a little boy or girl.

I was really excited either way before we found out but I also absolutely couldn't wait. I admire people who decide to save the surprise for later but I was much too excited for that.

Pregnancy has been a lot of ups and downs so far, which are separate posts for a later time.

So for today, thanks for sharing my exciting news!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!