Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: Einkorn Pasta


As always a big thanks to Jenn at Peas and Crayons!



I'm not intentionally absent I swear. I've taken piles of pictures, OB/Gyn is just a really busy rotation so I haven't had much chance to write. Coming up though:
A 5K recap.
Chili Recipe.
Cookie Recipe Reviews (x3!)
Health Information Post
And that weight post I've been meaning to write.

In the meantime though, happy What I Ate Wednesday!

Today I'm "Nurse for a Day" where we spend a shift doing nursing duties instead of regular medical student duties. I think it's a great idea to make us more understanding. I don't really think my class is rude to nurses - we're known as the super-friendly ones, but it'll still be an interesting day I think.

It starts at 7 am, so before that,

Breakfast: Oatmeal. What else?


Lunch: PBJ Sandwich and a Banana. 

Pretty sure I used this picture last week. :/

Snack: Chocolate Brownie Mini Clif Bar. I bought a box of 18 (3 flavors) at Target recently. Also Luna bars. OB/Gyn is one of those rotations where I might not eat if I can't carry it in my pocket. Hence the frequent PBJ as well. 




Dinner: Einkorn Pasta. I got a coupon for this at the 5K this weekend and decided to try it. 

This is a type of wheat that has a nutritional profile with a little extra protein, like Farro (9 g per serving). It also has lutein and B vitamins. It tastes just like whole wheat pasta. Also, if someone tries to take it from you, you can say, "No! Minekorn!."

I served it up with garlic peas, marinara and nooch. 





Now it's off to be a nurse today.

Have a good day friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!