Thursday, December 1, 2011

December: Welcome.

I love December first. More than Nov 30, more than December 2. That's because December first is really truly finally Christmas season even by the accounts of those judgmental people that frown at me when I promptly start playing Christmas music on October 28. It's also still 24 full days until Christmas, and once Christmas actually comes, of course there's New Year's, but then it's kind of a dreary time, very minimal holidays, limited festiveness, just grumpy people trying to pay their Christmas credit card bills and stick to their unrealistic resolutions. Just me? Okay. So I want Christmas season to last as long as possible, and I love December first. 


So welcome December. Maybe it'll finally get cold down here in Southern California? All I know is it was 72 today and I was sweaty. 

Or I would have been, had I ever gone outside. The hospital OB/Gyn rotation is swallowing me up. I haven't run since Thanksgiving because I just can't bring myself to go to bed at 7 or 8 so I can get up at 3 so I can run before I go to the hospital. I still have a couple weeks, working weekends too, and when am I supposed to study? I get up at 4 am, hospital by 5 am and I'm there until at least 5:30 pm, sometimes lots later if there's a surgery going or something. Maybe it's not that much and I'm being a wimp? Probably. I know all my fellow students are in the same situation. We all do this. I guess I'm just a month in and tired. It's not that I dislike it, it's that I would dislike anything on this little sleep. 

Which brings me back to my original point - Christmas season! Thank goodness. I can't wait. 

I want to set a reasonable December goal, but I really have no idea. If I eat and shower in a day it's a pretty big deal right now. I like working toward goals, but I don't have any energy left to give this month. 

How about something I simply can't fail?

This December I'm setting a goal of listening to all my Christmas music - at least once per song.
I could listen for 12 hours and not hear the same song twice, so it's actually not insignificant. 

We'll start with this one:
I'm 12 on the inside. 

Happy December!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!