Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Faves 11/28/14: Thanksgiving Edition!

1. Sisterly Interaction.

As I introduced last week, my sisters and I have a group text. It's exactly what you would imagine. Here's this week's highlight (from a while ago):


2. Video

This is a gorgeous cover of Fleet Foxes' White Winter Hymnal by Pentatonix. I've been listening to both versions on repeat.

The Cover:


The Original:
 

It's after Thanksgiving so even if I could pretend I haven't been listening to Christmas music since mid-October, I'm now completely justified. This isn't technically a Christmas song, but it's wintery and it has just the right tone. 

3. Snack or Meal

For Thanksgiving this year John and I got to spend time with some friends and it was a really nice celebration.

I made the Pumpkin Baked Ziti with Sage Bread Crumb Topping from Veganomicon to take with me. Of course I forgot to take a picture of my plate because I was too busy talking to my friends, but I found a recycled picture from a while ago. It's never photographed well - too beige - but it tastes awesome. Here's a link to the recipe, but as usual I strongly recommend buying Veganomicon if you're at all interested in vegan cooking.



4. Clothing

It's cold out! Even here in the Southwest. I know plenty of you are out in the world somewhere in the northlands in the snow where there are only hills in all directions and you have no shoes etc. I've been told - I don't know anything about real cold etc. etc. It's typically in the 20s fahrenheit in the mornings.

Anyway, I've been wearing this scarf just about daily for the walk to and from work for the past month.


It's from Forever 21, so very inexpensive, but it's soft, goes with everything and it's holding up well.


5. Recipe


[Photo is hers]

These are really really easy to make and easy to adapt for allergens or food sensitivities for those holiday potlucks. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!