Wednesday, November 26, 2014

WIAW: Thanksgiving Week!



What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

It's Fall!

Welcome back WIAW-ers. I'm Kari, I'm a pediatric resident in New Mexico, and I really appreciate you clicking on over.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Many of you are not American, and therefore likely aren't celebrating the great day of Turkey, pie and family. 

It's the holiday tomorrow, and I'm fortunate enough to be invited to the home of a friend's family, since I won't be traveling or seeing my own family - outside of the husband and dog that live with me and can't escape me of course. 

I'm trying to keep it healthy this week in preparation for a little indulgence on the big holiday. 

Breakfast: Shredded Wheat, Banana and Coffee 
There's also a vitamin in this photo. Woo health! Breakfast has gotten a little boring lately. I've just been feeling kind of uninspired. I often get that way in winter when berries are out of season. I'll work on it.


Lunch: Leftover Winter Vegan Corn Chowder
I made this over the weekend and above is the linked recipe post. It's really really good, I'm not just saying that because I made it.


Snacks: Clif Bar, Tea, Antidote Chocolate in rose salt and lemon
This Candy Cane Green Tea from Trader Joe's is one I bought last year. I'm not sure if they still have it - I haven't looked - but it's decaf so great for any time of day.

The chocolate is wow fancy. It came in the Vegan Cuts box this month and I really liked it, but it's very rich and I definitely think it's appropriately portioned - I wouldn't want more than that little piece.




Dinner: Chickpea Noodle Soup [the Veganomicon recipe]
With some red wine from Whole Foods. I had soup twice today and it was great. I love winter.


I'm on Adolescent rotation right now which is great because I do get Thanksgiving off. Granted I'm on call on Friday and I work on Sunday, but still it was a nice short week.

Happy Thanksgiving and WIAW!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!