Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blessings

It's Sabbath morning and I wanted to share some blessings. I've been very wrapped up in errands and overwhelmed with everything I'm trying to get done (we all are I think), so here's some positivity.

1. I'm blogging from my favorite local coffee shop this morning. The coffee is strong and The Civil Wars are excellent music. I feel happy. I'm glad about this because it's been a while since I've felt like I have time to just stop and sit and feel content.


2. John is next to me working hard on a midterm - he graduates in June with his Masters in Structural Engineering. Frankly I have no idea what he does. There's books and notebooks and some computer program and he writes code and it does something that has to do with buildings, but he sure looks handsome.


3. I made a bowl of oatmeal this morning that looked much like this:


And tasted much like awesome.

4. I talked to this woman for like an hour on Thursday. And yesterday too. And she gives me great advice and never gets sick of hearing the most boring stories from my life. My Mom is the best.


5. Next week I get to go to Colorado and see my whole family AND see Obama speak and more importantly see this girl graduate from the Air Force Academy. It's an understatement to say I'm super proud.



6. I'm still on Psychiatry and I get the weekend off (I mean, except for all the studying). I'm going here to Palm Springs for the night! Many thanks to Katie for finding a hotel and making this happen.

Our actual hotel!

7. Yesterday John and I were matching. This was an accident. Okay not so much a blessing as just funny.


8. It's Sabbath and my next stop is Church at the University. It's a blessing to have a service we enjoy so much that also pushes me to think.

Blessings to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!