Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday: I'm Amanda Bynes?


Peas and Crayons

WIAW!

So my last post was last WIAW. To sum up the in-between: I went to work, I went to work, I had a weekend with my Fiance and I studied, I went to work, I went to work and I went to work again.

I think that's it. 

Psychiatry though, is fascinating work. Yesterday I got to go to court to see a hearing to legally continue holding one of our more difficult-to-balance patients against his will. 

And every morning I ask people if they're thinking about hurting themselves or hearing or seeing anything that might not be real. And often they say yes. 

Today one of my patients told me he sometimes hears my voice when I'm not there, and that his roommate and he agreed that I sound and look like Amanda Bynes. This is not the first time I've heard this. I used to babysit a girl who would get out the video camera and say, "Okay talk. We're doing The Amanda Show." I don't know: 


Actually that 100% looks like me:


Maybe in the She's the Man days. It's more my voice that I think may be kind of similar, but that's hard to hear via the internet. Maybe I'll do a vlog someday.

And so while I channeled my inner Amanda Bynes and told people "I'm brilliant! Shhh!" I also ate things.

Breakfast: Overnight Oats. Last night: 1/3 cup oats, 1/4 cup soy vanilla yogurt, 1/3 cup almond milk, 10 g (1 tbspish) chia seeds. Dash each cinnamon and nutmeg. Seal in container, let set overnight in fridge. This AM: add 1/2 sliced banana and stir until its ugly!



And for the first time in a while I remembered my multivitamin with my breakfast:


Morning Snack: Roast almonds w/ dried apricots.

Lunch: Tofurky Sandwich with Hummus and Bell Pepper. Yeah, just like last week. 


Afternoon Snacks: Dried apricots, Orange and...

 Soft Serve Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream
1 frozen banana broken in pieces
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 oz. almond milk

Blend in magic bullet.

Dinner: Vegan Meatballs with Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Salad. I tried these new vegan meatballs from Trader Joe's and they are way awesome. I microwaved them about 2 minutes to thaw the middle and then took John's suggestion to crisp the sides in a pan, and they were perfect. With Peas & Thank You marinara I made a while ago from the freezer. 


Happy WIAW all!

Do you get compared to any celebrities?


1 comment:

Lichen said...

I've gotten Angelina Jolie on three separate occasions , which would be flattering except they say I smile like her. I was born with a short upper lip so when my mouth is closed, my lips wrinkle weirdly. :/

You might like to try cardamon seeds in your oatmeal. Not as sweet or hot as cinnamon, but very vibrant.

Post a Comment

Add a comment!