Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WIAW: Ugly Oats and Tiny Tasks

Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

Good Morning and Happy What I Ate Wednesday!

On this particular rotation (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - NICU) I really look forward to Wednesdays. Because of the schedule (7 AM-7 PM with one weekend day off) it's hard to get all our work done in the morning prior to our continuity clinic in the afternoon, so residents don't come in on their clinic day each week and that means I have this morning free of scheduled responsibilities (with plenty still to do of course). 

So I have a few hours to get things done. 

I started my day with trying to make a follow up appointment for a patient that I couldn't get yesterday and failed again - I didn't have the right ID numbers for the patient so I had to pass that off to the team that's working today, which I hate. Sorry :(. So now I'm feeling disgruntled - is that the right word? Frustrated maybe? Annoyed? Unsettled? I do hate being unsuccessful in little tasks, especially when it means more work for someone else.

Morning Listening - a little travel back in time:
Walk the Moon: Shiver Shiver. I never get bored of this album.



Morning Hydration: Naked Juice with Water. A few weeks ago John and I started buying juices from Costco and we've been working our way through carrot juice and all the Naked Juice flavors. We currently have the mango, which I think is the thickest one. I put about 2 oz. in a mason jar and then fill it the rest of the way up with water. Any more juice than that and it's too sweet.


Breakfast: Peanut Butter Banana Oats, Coffee. These are the ugliest oats I could possibly make. Also because I stirred and then took a picture, but let's be honest, I don't do much food styling. 


Lunch: Leftover Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta. I get home pretty late on this rotation - coming up on 8 PM and I'm so lucky to have a husband who cooks because I would otherwise probably eat microwave soup every day. This was a dinner he made recently that kept great as a cold pasta salad for the next day.


Snack: Larabar, Energy Bite. Every once in a while I can't resist the call of the 18 bar costco Larabar box, which has Cashew Cookie, Peanut Butter Cookie and Blueberry Muffin flavors. It's not the cheapest way to snack, but so good. And we just finished a second batch of the energy bites I posted about last week. I don't know why these are so good, but they are.



Dinner: PF Chang's - Spicy Green Beans and Coconut Curry Vegetables. I was fortunate enough to have my Aunt and Uncle visit recently when they were visiting my cousin in Santa Fe. It was great to catch up for a bit and they were so kind to bring us a gift card to PF Chang's. I have never been to one before. Not sure why, we had them in California, but we had a nice date. I filled up pretty quickly and ended up keeping most of the vegetable tofu dish for leftovers. Sorry for the low lit pictures. 




Dessert: 90% Dark Chocolate. More than 1 square of this is overwhelming, but just a little bit is perfect.


I hope you're having a good Wednesday, see you soon!

What's your favorite small-volume rich dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!