Saturday, April 26, 2014

Bleeding For Work Morning Routine

I didn't intend to get up with my first alarm at 4:50 this morning. John can witness, I almost never make it out of bed with that one, it's usually between 5-5:20.

However this morning I woke with that dreaded feeling of something dripping down the back of my throat and by the time I made it to some kleenex the adrenaline had woken me enough to realize both sides of my nose were bleeding.

Now if you've ever tried to apply pressure to a bilateral nose bleed, you know it's hard to breathe.

And that's how I started my day.

It stopped in a pretty reasonable amount of time and I went about my morning, though I have been coughing up blood with each clearing of the throat.

So I've painted my nails, something I haven't done in almost a month. I'm using this 60 second Rimmel London in color 415 Instyle Coral. It goes pretty well with my sexy green scrubs. I've been pretty into quick dry formulations this Spring, they end up working better for me because I'm impatient but I don't end up smudging them right away because I can wait 60 seconds.


I also did my morning 10 minutes of yoga. I still use this app, All-in Yoga, and I've just been doing sun salutations lately. It's more than nothing but doesn't feel overwhelming and stretches me out nicely. It's one of very very few apps I actually paid for, but worth it.


After my morning stretches I usually spend at least a couple minutes of Spiritual time and read the verse of the day from the YouVersion Bible App. I really like today's:


The next step is a some Naked Juice with water, then a shower and then coffee and breakfast. Today a smoothie: 

Blender: Ninja. In the mix: Kale, strawberries, soy milk, protein powder, agave, 1.5-2 frozen bananas

I usually eat it with a spoon.

And it's just starting to get light outside, as you can see in the above picture that I just snapped. I have about 15 minutes until I have to leave for work, so I'm going to enjoy the rest of this smoothie, maybe throw on some mascara and do a spot of study reading, and be at work right on time by 7. 

See you soon. Working or not, I hope you have a great Saturday!

What do you look forward to most in your morning routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!