Sunday, March 22, 2015

Natural Balance Nakd Bar [Vegan and Gluten Free!]

I've had the best snacks to take with me to work this week.


A little while back Natural Balance Foods contacted me about trying their Nakd bars. They're whole food cereal bars. The company is based in the UK and I'm happy to share that they've recently expanded to the US. 

For now you can order them at the website here: Natural Balance Foods, but soon they'll be available in stores as well.

Look at all those flavors!

These bars are vegan and gluten free, made up just of whole foods [nuts, fruits] and spices.

I've tried several over the past few days and they've been great for taking with me to work. Overall this is a totally positive review and I wouldn't change anything about these.

Let's take a closer look:

The Packaging
Classy, easy to read, easy to open. Important for me - I really can struggle. 
For example, Pecan Pie.

With a background of Luna.

The Ingredients
The ingredient list is obviously gorgeous. I just love when I'm eating something with only real food in it. 


The Bar
And here's the actual appearance of the bars.



Nutrition Facts
When I'm eating whole foods I consider the nutrition facts fairly unimportant - the numbers don't really measure the benefit my body is getting by eating real food - but each bar is also labelled with typical calories, macros etc. if that's something you look for. 
This is Gingerbread for example: 

Eaten with a side of prescribing medication at work. 
I wasn't kidding about these fueling my day.


If this is difficult to read it says: 
Per 35 g [the size of the bar] 157 calories, 4 g protein, 12 g carbs, 11 g of fat and 3 grams of fiber.

Most Importantly, the Flavor
I've liked all the ones I've tried and I still have a few left to go. Despite the small number of ingredients used, there's a lot of diversity of flavor. I think my favorites of the ones I've tried so far were Berry Delight and Caffe Mocha. 

You can order them here or be on the lookout as they come to a store in the US, and I hope you'll give them a try.

Thanks for reading, see you soon. 

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I have been provided this product free of charge for review by the company and have not been incentivized for a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!