Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WIAW: Last Days Alone


What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

I'm in my final week of living here in Los Alamos and I guess I'm ready after this month to go back home to normal life. I miss my dog. Also my husband.

It's not much change this week in how I've been eating. I'm eating kind of convenient pre-packaged foods for most lunches and cooking at dinner.
Breakfast: Avocado Toast with Grape Tomatoes
I had some oatmeal and cereal this weekend, but it's really been avocado toast all the way for a couple months now. It's just so good, I can't even explain it. The bread is Dave's Killer Bread.

Lunch: Granola bar, banana and Amy's meal. Wow as I'm typing this I'm realizing it's really exactly the same as last week. The Macaroon Crunch here from Nature's Path is really good - like those Nature Valley oats and honey crunchy ones but with chocolate and coconut.



Dinner: Cauliflower Olive Pasta. This is whole wheat penne with sauteed cauliflower, onion and garlic heated with sauce and black olives. There's not much of a night life here but I've had a good time cooking and knitting and hanging out in my little apartment.


Snack: Cassava Pops. These came in my February vegan cuts box and they're sort of like pop chips, but better. Crunchy but not heavy and with a nice not-quite-potato and not-quite-popcorn taste.


Hydration: I've definitely noticed that even though it's only a couple extra thousand feet higher in elevation here, the 7500 foot elevation really requires more water than I'm used to drinking in order to not feel dehydrated. I'm still not drinking that much, but I do have to think about it and I think I'm getting at least 4 cups a day.

Hope you're having a good week.

Thanks for reading, see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!