Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Faves 3/27/15

It's Friday and you know what that means - Favorites time.

1. Things My Sisters Say
I don't even wish I could say this is an unusual type of text to get from my sisters.


And the answer to the question "How do you nap heroically?" 

"3.5 hours." 

To which the response was:


Heroic napping. One of many talents in our family.

2. Music
Thanks to a suggestion from some of our friends, John and I have been watching Nashville since a couple weeks after it premiered. I remember the promos made it look kind of, well, not great, but actually I kind of love it and the music is great. There a lot of great covers and original songs and lately I've been listening to some of it back. This song is a Civil Wars cover from one of the first episodes and regardless of your preconceived notions I suggest you listen to it.


3. Snack or Meal
Ocean's Halo Seaweed Korean BBQ chips from my Vegan Cuts box. These are weird - let's lead with that - but if you like the taste of seaweed, they're also really good. I like this flavor better than the Sea Salt one, but I think there are a few others I haven't tried yet.


4. Lifestyle and Beauty
For Valentine's Day this year I got this North Face vest as a present from my husband, and I love it. I've never owned a vest for the purpose of actual warmth and layering, and now I can't believe I lived without it.

This picture is from last month in Los Alamos.

5. Recipe
Vegan Roast Vegetable Pasta. We made a dish similar to this last night, and it was great. This one is from the Sun Warrior website: Vegan Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Jason Wrobel.

[Photo is theirs]

Happy weekend!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!