Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIAW: Plus a Little Weekend

My last post was a WIAW. That means it's been a week. Too much fun I guess.

Or work. Both actually.










This weekend I spent in Irvine with John. We went to the beach twice, a couple of enormous malls, a wedding venue, I got in a good run, ate some oatmeal, drank some coffee and had a great time celebrating birthdays: Happy Birthday to my future Father-in-law Mike and future sister-in-law Kellie! 


_____________________________________

And now a proper WIAW: I'm on ENT surgery this week. It's a fun service, but still long days. 

Breakfast: Coffee and a yogurt bowl. This cereal from Cadia, Cadia Crunch, looks/tastes/has the same nutritional profile just like Kashi Go Lean Crunch, but it was a little less expensive so I thought I'd try it out. Blindfolded I'm not sure I could tell the difference. 


It's still dark outside when I eat, hence my shadowy kitchen-lit pictures. 




Morning snack: Mini Peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bar. Between rounds and the operating room.


Lunch: Fast and easy Tofurky/lettuce/mustard/Ezekiel bread sandwich. It's relatively non-perishable, portable, quick to make and has therefore been my lunch (if I bring it) almost every day I've been in the hospital for the past couple weeks. Unfortunately I ran out of bread today (note that I've used the heel for this sandwich). No idea what I'm going to make tomorrow.



Snacks: 

During clinic: One of the attendings was turning 30 and there was cake of which I could not partake. This is like vegan cake though right? Trader Joe's. I think a box of 6 of these is less than $2. And there are no better granola bars. 


Post-hospital pre-workout: A perfect peach.


Dinner: My favorite stirfry: 1 head cauliflower, 2 crowns broccoli, 1 package tofu (cubed, pressed and fried first), 4 stalks celery, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper cooked in a small amount of water until tender. Then cooked with a double batch of Emily's peanut sauce until most of the liquid is gone. Makes about 4 servings. 




I have not yet decided if there will be dessert. I think a cold glass of soymilk might be perfect. 

Happy WIAW! What's in your favorite stirfry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!