Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday Faves: 12/12/14

1. Things My Sisters Say

I started this series just a couple weeks ago: basically I like to share with you all a snippet of the wisdom I get from my sisters on a daily basis.

This week's offering is some simple nutrition advice for your life courtesy of Emma and Shannon:


2. Music

Breath of Heaven is one of my favorite perhaps less classic Christmas songs. And this saxophone version is the best.

Hey only a couple weeks left and maybe I'll post songs that aren't for holidays. Maybe



3. Snack or Meal

This week we're going with a whole group. As I mentioned in my What I Ate Wednesday post, I'm sick this week, so I've been a big fan of soup.


Here we have from left to right: Amy's Vegetable Barley, Pacific Thai Sweet Potato and Whole Foods hot bar Moroccan lentil soup.

4. Style and Beauty

Remember in my December goals when I said I wanted to put a little more effort into my nails for the holidays?

Well my cuticles are still disastrous but look at my wintery polish!

3 coats N.Y.C. polish in 124A, followed by a coat of Pure Ice in Spit Fire.

It's holding up pretty well: I did this on Monday and took this picture this morning, Friday. No chips yet. 

5. Recipe

When my throat feels sore sometimes I just want ice cream, but also breakfast. Therefore:

Mango Banana "Ice Cream" Smoothie


Combine the following in a blender:
2-ish frozen bananas
1 ripe banana (It's okay to use a different ratio of frozen to unfrozen bananas, it will just affect whether you have a more ice cream or more smoothie-like consistency)
Several cubes of frozen mango
Approx 1/8-1/4 cup of your favorite non-dairy milk
To make this raw: add about a 1/4 cup coconut water or regular water instead of non-dairy milk to help blend. 

You could also blend without liquid: it will be very creamy but you may have to stir more often. If you have to eat it with a spoon, you're doing it right.

And that's the Friday Faves.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!