Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Faves 12/5/14

1. Sisterly Interaction.

As I introduced a couple weeks ago, my sisters and I have a group text. Here's this week's highlight: it features my mother as well. She broke her ankle and foot this week and therefore should get to have cake every day - I think.




2. Music

Maybe one week before Christmas I'll share a song that isn't a Christmas song. Chances are not great though.

The video I picked got taken off youtube - apparently it was not a licensed video.

So you can look for yourself but really all of Mannheim Steamroller and also Trans-Siberian Orchestra make my Christmas, so I recommend them in general.


3. Snack or Meal

Veggie sandwich on Olive bread with Kale & Barley salad from The Grove.


John and I went out for Small Business Saturday to support some local places. We've been to The Grove [location of that Breaking Bad finale scene with the Stevia packet] for breakfast a few times, but never for lunch. This meal was amazing.

John got a BLT.

Happy face.

4. Style

A couple weeks ago there were great Veteran's day sales and I got a little crazy. Here though is an inexpensive necklace from Forever 21 I've worn a couple times. I wear a lot of navy and black, so the occasional colored accessory in my wardrobe is a good idea. The sweater is from Gap, but from a while ago.  



5. Recipe: Vegan Hot Chocolate

This isn't really a recipe, but more of a vegan beginner's tip and recommendation.

I love hot chocolate and I was surprised when I stopped eating dairy how hard it was to find a hot chocolate mix that didn't contain milk.

The Ghirardelli chocolate powder is dairy free and meant to be made with milk, so you can pick your own non-dairy base.



I definitely recommend using a little less than it says on the side of the can (like 1/4-1/2 the amount) because it's really sweet. I also usually use unsweetened milk if I have it because there's plenty of sugar in the mix. In the above picture is an old version, but the "Sweet Ground Chocolate & Cocoa" is available on the Ghirardelli website. There are also individual packets of the above powder.

The white chocolate version however, I wouldn't buy - it does contain powdered milk and a much longer ingredient list.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!