Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WIAW: Christmas Travels


What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

Guess where I am?! I'll give you 2 hints.'

1.

2.

Ok that may not be enough information. I was hoping to highlight the gloomy skies and the now somewhat famous #pdxcarpet. It's Oregon!

After doing this on Monday night: 

I'm off for a break from work and John and I are home with my family for Christmas.  

So here's What I Ate Wednesday, a travel day.

Breakfast: An orange, Multigrain Cheerios, coffee. We were really on the remnants of food supplies, but the orange was still really good.




After breakfast we scraped the ice off the car and got on our way to the airport. 


Snack/Second Breakfast: Keva Juice. Knowing we'd be landing after lunch time, I got this Keva juice. I replace the sherbet with fresh banana. This one is guava.


Lunch: Pho Thein Vietnamese, Vegetable Pho. On our way out of Portland we stopped at a Pho place on Glisan, and got salad rolls and veggie Pho. Very good. 



Dinner: Family style Thai - salad rolls, Tom Kha soup, Tasty Mango Tofu, Mussaman Vegetable Curry. The best Thai food ever? I haven't been to Thailand yet so of course I can't say that, but this place in Newport, OR where we're hanging out at the beach is some of the best Thai I've ever had. 





And I also had some unpictured vegan Muddy Buddies (the chex mix with the peanut butter chocolate and powdered sugar) that my sister had made. Very good.

It was an awesome day of food.

And if anyone ever tries to tell you that you shouldn't have salad rolls twice in consecutive meals, well you just hit them with a salad roll and chastise them for their ignorance.

Today we'll be spending the morning at the coast and then heading back to my parent's house for the Christmas. My presents for my family are only half wrapped because I had to bring them in a suitcase, but at least they were all purchased a while ago. Here are all my sisters last night piled on the couch. It's good to be all together again.


I hope you have an excellent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day whether you celebrate it or not.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!