Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WIAW: You Always Need More Greens


What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

Today was a much better day for vegetables.

In other news, I switched from my adolescent rotation to NICU yesterday. It's been a long time since I last rotated there and while I certainly like parts of it, it's always a steep learning curve remembering all the details there. My mind is tired.

There is one significant advantage to the NICU schedule - on our clinic days we just go to clinic instead of going in to the inpatient unit, so this morning I have a little extra time.

Breakfast: Kale Tofu Scramble. Orange. This is tofu, gold and russet potatoes, onions, kale and some seasonings. I filled this giant pan to totally overflowing with kale - and of course it practically disappears once cooked. You always need more greens than you think. Also an orange because this was leftover and there wasn't that much left.




Lunch: California Pizza Kitchen Roasted Vegetable Salad. The avocado is what really makes this awesome; it's my usual order if I go out to lunch while shopping or something. 


Dinner: Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Brussels. We've been buying the Costco bags of brussels sprouts lately and using them as a side for everything. John tried to say he didn't like them for a while, but he's finally given in. With Trader Joe's meatballs, nooch and marinara.


Look - vegetables in every meal!

I hope you all have a great day.

Thanks for reading, see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!