Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WIAW: Meal Planning


What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

This week for the first time in a while we made a plan for meals for the week and bought all the ingredients in one efficient shopping trip. 


About a year ago we used to do it every week and I loved it - it saves time, makes it more likely I'll try something new, the meals are healthier and over the course of a few weeks it saves money. It takes some actual planning and forethought though, which is why I haven't done it in ages.

So the end result is that I've been making real meals and eating healthfully this week, and it feels great.

Breakfast: Tofu Scramble. I made a big batch with spinach, tofu, potatoes, tomatoes, onion and seasonings. It was enough for 3 mornings this week.


Lunch: Leftover Penne Vegetables. I used a recipe from Vegan Table and gluten-free ziti. This was so good and I'm not even sure why. I think it's the high ratio of vegetables to pasta - that's my favorite way to serve anything - drowning in vegetables.


Snack: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie. I never make pie. I never have anywhere to take it. This week I pulled a no-bake recipe out of The Joy of Vegan Baking: chocolate, tofu, peanut butter and milk chilled in a graham cracker crust. It's super rich, and I'm literally eating it slice by tiny slice almost completely by myself and I'm totally ok with it. 


Dinner: Butternut Squash Coconut Rice with Jerk Green Beans and Spiced Roasted Tofu. This just felt like such a real meal, with some actual effort put into multiple dishes. These recipes are from Appetite for Reduction. 


Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!