Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIAW: Night Schedule

   

What I Ate Wednesday!
Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

I'm on nights in the NICU for the past couple weeks so my meals are really weird right now. Not only do I typically eat a little less healthy, but I eat at totally weird times. When I'm at work for the night, it's pretzels, chips and hummus for dinner. In the morning it's 2 different kinds of fried potatoes. 

Yesterday was a day (night?) off so instead of the cafeteria food these are the things I made at home. 

Breakfast (5:30 AM, after being up all night): Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls


These are from the More Peas, Thank You cookbook. They're ok though I think they lose something with the altitude baking, just not quite perfect. With some icing though, they're very good.

I ate these with my husband before he left for work and then fell asleep around 6:30.

I woke up about 1 because I needed to go to the post office while they were still open for passport applications. I'm travelling in a few months and my passport's the last thing I never changed over from my maiden name. 

I had to drive to another town because all the post offices here in Albuquerque require appointments for passport applications, so I took Luna with me and we stopped at a new dog park on the way back. It had a separate section for little dogs and she seemed to like it. 



Lunch I guess?: Tempeh bacon wraps. Around 6 it was John's dinner time and I guess it would be my lunch. We made tempeh bacon wraps: pita, melted Daiya mozzarella, tempeh bacon, spinach and tomato. I also had some leftover pasta. 



Dinner: Cinnamon rolls. Before falling asleep I ate a couple more of the cinnamon rolls from this morning. I'll spare you a second identical picture.  

Also tea and orange water. 

Like I said, weird food day. Way healthier than the potatoes I'd been eating from the cafeteria though - at least there was some whole wheat flour and something green.

I hope you have a great day.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!