Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Filling My Grocery Cart.

I missed What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) this week, but I'll throw in a new one... 


FFMGC, Friday Filling My Grocery Cart



Before we get to that, 
Thing 1: I get a weekend! I don't have to go in again until Monday morning, so for the next 2+ days, I'm unscheduled, and suddenly don't know quite what to do. 
Thing 2: I've been planning lots of posts in my brain lately and haven't properly written them. 

Coming up soon:
1. A training plan and new races I'm training for.
2. Thoughts on weight/self-image/where I'm at right now.
3. As always, some tasty meals, and possibly a food challenge.
4. A secret I've been keeping - a big one. 

For now however, I must tell you that this morning for lunch I ended up packing a veggie burger between two pieces of frozen sandwich bread. Procurement of veggies from the cafeteria at the hospital resulted in a decent sandwich, but I realized I'm basically out of food. 

So...to the grocery stores! Typically my shopping list takes me at least two, sometimes 3+ places. Today was no exception:

From Stater Bros. (Standard Grocery Store):


Soy Milk, Veg Broth, Cooking Spray, Beans, Tomato Paste and Tomatoes, Toothbrush, Herbs and Spices (my most expensive item was Ground Cumin), Onion, Red Peppers, Broccoli, Asparagus, Celery, Bananas, Lemons


From Clark's (Local Natural Food Store):

Organic Fujis, Soy Yogurt, Bulk Bin Granola, Vital Wheat Gluten, Cedar Lake Pecan Patties, Enormous Grapefruit ($0.29!), Frozen Soup Pouches


This is a new-to-me product, I'll let you know how it is. 


22 g of protein!


And, okay, it's only like half the size of my head...still, an enormous grapefruit. 

Total Cost: ~$50.00.

The real question: How long will it last me? A bunch of the items are staples, and some are for a recipe I'm going to make tomorrow and have for leftovers, but I'm hoping the rest easily lasts me a week of snacks and sides to that, considering I get lunch at the hospital for free.

And for dinner tonight, leftover filling from when we made these:


Delicious even without the crust.

When you go grocery shopping, what's always in your cart?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!