Thursday, June 16, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: Celebrating

I'm a little late to the WIAW party this week, but I had a busy day yesterday.

We're in third year orientation now, boyfriend is visiting, and we're all trying to enjoy our last week before clinicals really start on Monday and our time is no longer our own.

We're going to go backwards on this WIAW and start with dinner: a celebratory Commencement banquet in celebration of starting third year. It was wonderful to see my classmates all dressed up, more relaxed and meet some wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends. I have an observation about that: I don't know if it's because my classmates are such quality people, because they're so lovely or handsome, or because being a med student makes you a catch (I suspect it's not the latter - we're crazy, exhausted and overly interested in internal organs) but my classmates' significant others are really good-looking. Of course, my boyfriend's no exception. All-told, we had a great time.


I have such pretty friends!

This is what you get when you tell med students to make a funny face. 

Food at the banquet was a buffet. Vegan options included salad, fruit, a spicy pasta, potatoes and cooked veggies. I forgot to take a picture of my after-dinner mug of coffee. It was all very good. 




Lunch was a salad: Lettuce, zucchini, tomato and a honey dijon dressing. I forgot to take a picture of mine, but I do have boyfriend's. In my house we eat salad out of mixing bowls. Also an apple.




And, working our way backwards to breakfast, it was a yogurt bowl with granola, frozen blueberries and banana. With cocoa chai tea. 


Recycled photos, but I even used that same mug this morning. 

I like having an event to celebrate a new stage in our education, but it kind of makes it seem real and I don't think you ever feel completely ready for a transition like this. 

Well, one weekend left.

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!