Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Little Vacay Recap

I still have another half a week of vacation before third-year orientation starts on Monday, but at 6 am tomorrow I'm on a flight home to see my family in Oregon. Before I leave, I have some packing and cleaning to do. Clearly.

Ah yes, the vacation mess.

In the last few days though, I've come back to Loma Linda (with John), taken care of some paperwork, some loan things, returned a library book, gotten my car serviced, and saw the new X-Men. I really liked it. It held my attention really well and filled in lots of the story while still leaving a few gaps between the end and the original first movie.

X-Men First Class

I've also been eating well:





Large pizza, half Berkeley Vegan, half BBQ Chicken. One guess which half was for me. They use Daiya for the cheese on the vegan, but I actually don't like Daiya that much, so next time I'd order it with no cheese. I did really like the veggie burger crumbles though. 

Veggie half.

Chicken half.


Drunken noodles with tofu, at lunch with John's family. It was great to see them. 


His and hers steel-cut oatmeal. The REAL kind, that takes 45 minutes to cook. So worth it. 

Veganomicon Baked Pumpkin Ziti with Caramelized Onions and Herbed Breadcrumbs.

This is one of those vegan cheesy baked pastas that will completely fool the omnivores in your life. This dish was actually John's request. It's a favorite. 

Lots of leftovers. This will be lunch. 

Yogurt Crispix bowl. Crispix was a favorite cereal when I was a kid, and it made a return this week. So good. 

I don't usually eat that much differently on vacation than regularly, but we have gone out to eat a bit more, and I think I've been a little more relaxed in terms of portions.

All right, back to the hard work of vacationing. Right now we're watching the season finale of Bones.

Do you eat differently on vacation than in your regular routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!