Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grilled Vegan Pizza


I know I'm only averaging a couple posts a week, and I miss being able to write more often, but I'm just keeping very busy.

The hospital's good I guess.

2 weeks + a test week left of surgery rotation, and while I'm feeling very overwhelmed with the amount of material that will be on our end-of-rotation exams, overall I guess I'm all right. I was on call again on Friday night and we had a good time with some interesting consults.

Exercise has been a little slack lately and I think I'm suffering some endorphin withdrawal - I've been a bit sad lately, but I have a plan for that coming up in a later post.

____________________________

Post-call on Friday, John came to visit and for dinner? Grilled Pizza with roomies and friends.

Katie's a grill master:


To Make Grilled Pizza
1. Take your dough (we used Trader Joe's) and shape it. 
2. Grill a few minutes over high heat to get it a little crispy.
3. Add toppings.
   - Mine were olives, broccoli, bell pepper, tomato sauce, onions, and tomatoes. 
    (No cheese substitutes - I'm not such a fan of vegan cheese.)
4. Return to the grill and cover to cook both top and bottom. 
5. Eat and love those crispy grill marks. 

Pizza dough breadsticks - spread with oil/garlic/cheese if you want and bake in a 400 degree oven. 







Yes, I ate the whole thing.


Grilled? Pizza stone? Brick oven? Papa John's? What's your favorite way to make/get your pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!