Sunday, August 21, 2011

Native Foods Review: Tempeh Bacon Cheeseburger

For me, going to Native Foods (large all-vegan restaurant) causes a startling phenomenon: I actually look at the meatier selections on the menu. Usually burgers, breads, sandwiches, meaty pastas all get glossed over as I scan for safe things to eat. Here, I can eat everything. It's hard to get used to.

My first Native Foods review I got the Gyro bowl - awesome.

But I ventured out this time and went for the meatiest, cheesiest thing on the menu - something I absolutely can't get anywhere else: The Tempeh Bacon Cheeseburger.

Left - onion, tomato, carrot, greens. Right - Pickle chips, tempeh bacon, vegan cheddar, seitan slices

Awesome. 

And Boyfriend being willing to bring me here and eat something he can share with me is also great - he went for the Twister Wrap. I thought mine was better, but sometimes that's pretty dependent on my mood. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!