Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tachy Med Student: Surgery 7 Weeks In.

It's week number 7 of surgery rotation.

Can I say I'm ready for it to be over? It's not that I don't like the rotation. Everyone's great and I'm learning all the time. The people I've been working with at Kaiser have shown me that surgeons don't have to be rude - though I maintain that plenty are.

I definitely don't have complaints, I've actually had a really great rotation, especially compared to some of my classmates. My hours have been a little shorter, I don't think I've gone in on as many weekends.

I just don't want to be a surgeon, and I'm ready to not have to say, "Oh great!" when they tell me I can come back after class on Friday afternoon because there's a big interesting case. Only a few hours long. "Great!"

So. great.

I'm kind of over these styling caps. Also these suffocating masks and their associated pimples:


It's also over 100 degrees every day and never really gets cool at night, so I haven't been sleeping well at all. 

I have 3 more calls on this rotation and two and a half weeks in the hospital. Then we have a week to take tests - a written exam and a series of standardized patient encounters where we get evaluated.

I'm sure it'll be over before I know it, but I'm just tired and it feels like Fall, a new rotation and cooler temperatures are ages away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!