Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gosh I Missed You.

During this weekend between rotations, I'm taking the opportunity to visit some favorite college friends that I no longer get to see nearly often enough.

Yesterday I stopped to see my beautiful college suitemate Candida - she's a middle school teacher. Getting the young ones excited about science. I got to briefly see her teach and catch up a bit. I miss you!


Another couple hours in traffic brought me to Santa Barbara. I got to catch up with my friend Bri - she's 32 weeks pregnant and gorgeous. I forgot to snap a picture, but I'll be back up in a couple weeks for the baby shower.



The beach was enjoyed. Volleyball was played. 



I'm staying with college roomie Christina. Rocking the super-cute zinc lips - no sunburn up in here. I pulled a rookie sunscreen move though and somehow burnt a tiny part of the front of my shoulders. You would think at age 23 I could successfully cover all my skin with sunscreen. You'd be wrong. 



A late lunch of vegetable fajitas at Little Alex's. I didn't finish all the tortilla or beans and rice but I definitely vanished all those veggies.


Followed by iced coffee. With my name spelled "Cary." I don't think any barista has ever spelled it right.


And some downtown shopping. I found a professional-looking dress that feels like a sweatshirt. That's like preparing for my rotation on Monday right?

It's so nice to see so many people I love so much. Hope you're all having a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!