Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Man.



My Fiance turned 25 this week. Happy Birthday! For the next 2 months he's 2 years older than me. I kind of like this time - I get to act way less mature and blame it on our age difference. I have no excuse the rest of the year, not that it stops me.

We celebrated this weekend with a convening of some favorite people, and it was wonderful. I realized I hadn't seen some of them since we got engaged (and that it's been 3 months since then!)

We played in a park (or two), had a picnic lunch, and went to a movie - The Guard - heavy on the language but also on the awesome.













Typical. 

We also climbed a tree. I don't climb enough trees anymore. When I changed that evening a pinecone and leaf fell out of my dress. As it should be. 

Ryan.

Ryan in the tree. And Evan. Contemplating nature?

Joe at the very top. 

And me at the very top!

Still me. 

And that's how tall the tree was. 

We also went to dinner, saw an enormous orange balloon and the weirdest park I've ever been to (Orange County Great Park), and played a complicated card game. Mostly we got a chance to celebrate being alive - all of us, but especially John - Happy Birthday sir!

Joe and Becca. They're moving to Portland soon. (I'm jealous.)

Him plus me. 

Evan - sorting out the complicated rules like a champ.

"Okay, everyone smile."

"Okay, now have a philosophical coffee-shop discussion." I think someone said, "Neitzsche."

Sunset at the Great Park. There's a weather balloon you can ride, footballs you can borrow, a slightly ghetto carousel, a walkable timeline, a community garden, and it used to be a military base. It's kinda weird. Also kinda fun. 

John, Eric.



It's free to go up in the balloon, but the wait was too long, so we mocked it from afar.


Ryan, Evan, Eric, Arisa, Me, John, Becca, Joe

It was wonderful to see you all.

Did you have a good Labor Day weekend? What's the weirdest park you've ever been to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!