Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What? It's Fall?!

What's the date? September 27? Shocked. I am shocked.

Blogs all over are full of fall recipes - apples, pumpkin, baked goods. Also discussion of cooler temperatures. However it's still pretty hot here. I've mentally not transitioned out of summer at all.

This is a problem because Fall may well be my favorite season. Pretty sure it is. I don't want to miss any of it mentally lingering in the sweltering awfulness that is summer in the Inland Empire.

Things I love about Fall:

1. The seasonal produce. Apples especially. Also pumpkin. And coming up - the winter squashes!


2. Cooler temperatures. If we've ever spoken, or you've been reading for more than like a day, you may know that I absolutely despise super-hot weather. Summer here is terrible. Fortunately I've been on inpatient almost entirely and basically lived in the hospital. Still - give me my rain and snow.

Home in Oregon - Nov 2010. 

3. It gets dark earlier. Therefore, I'm less of a crazy if I want to go to bed at 9 pm. Hey, it's already been dark for a couple hours!

4. I can bike during the day without arriving at my destination flinging sweat onto people. Nora! I missed you!


5. Soups. Soups. Soups! I love soup. I didn't ever stop eating them over summer, but they did feel less appropriate. 


And so, if anyone else was mentally stuck in summer, I just want to say I understand - and I guess we ought to head on over to Fall. 

What's your favorite thing about this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!