Blogs all over are full of fall recipes - apples, pumpkin, baked goods. Also discussion of cooler temperatures. However it's still pretty hot here. I've mentally not transitioned out of summer at all.
This is a problem because Fall may well be my favorite season. Pretty sure it is. I don't want to miss any of it mentally lingering in the sweltering awfulness that is summer in the Inland Empire.
Things I love about Fall:
1. The seasonal produce. Apples especially. Also pumpkin. And coming up - the winter squashes!
2. Cooler temperatures. If we've ever spoken, or you've been reading for more than like a day, you may know that I absolutely despise super-hot weather. Summer here is terrible. Fortunately I've been on inpatient almost entirely and basically lived in the hospital. Still - give me my rain and snow.
Home in Oregon - Nov 2010.
3. It gets dark earlier. Therefore, I'm less of a crazy if I want to go to bed at 9 pm. Hey, it's already been dark for a couple hours!
4. I can bike during the day without arriving at my destination flinging sweat onto people. Nora! I missed you!
5. Soups. Soups. Soups! I love soup. I didn't ever stop eating them over summer, but they did feel less appropriate.
And so, if anyone else was mentally stuck in summer, I just want to say I understand - and I guess we ought to head on over to Fall.
What's your favorite thing about this season?