Friday, March 21, 2014

Breakfast Hash and Advocacy

I've had this meal for breakfast for the past 2 days:

Flying Star Breakfast Hash. It has 2 types of potatoes, quinoa, veggies.

Make it vegan: Substitute tofu for the egg and oil for butter.


This meal also appeared in my New Year's Day post. It's my favorite if we're going out to Flying Star.

As for the reason:

As part of this rotation we have a few meetings with people and organizations that are central to advocacy for children in New Mexico, which is what led me to the same place 2 days in a row.

It's been very interesting, New Mexico is ranked as the worst state for children out of all 50, so there's lots of work to be done here. It's inspiring but can also be a bit overwhelming when confronted with the number of issues to be tackled.

However, with the conclusion of this morning's meeting my face to face obligations are complete for the week and I'm about to hop on a plane to Ohio. 

Vacation! I hear it's cold up there. It's going to be quite the strategic packing.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!