Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WIAW: Carbs!

It feels like this week is going by slowly.

And by that I mean thank goodness because I have lots to get done and this month so far has just flown.

If you intentionally and diligently avoid popular music you may not have heard this song, otherwise I anticipate that you're familiar.

I just wanted to share it again, because I've heard some negative thoughts about it from other people and here's my take: Step back. Enjoy the beat. This. Song. Is. Hilarious.


So, happy What I Ate Wednesday.

Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

This week I'm still sick and that's no fun. We are now on Day 12 of illness. I anticipate 21 total days at the outside, but I am improved.

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with soymilk, banana, peanut butter. 4 oz. Naked Juice Green Machine. 


Lunch: Vegan Quesadilla. I like whole wheat Flat Out wrap, a bit of mozzarella Daiya, pinto or black beans, sometimes other veggies like peppers or onion, and topped with salsa and cilantro. The thickness of these wraps is really nice, a bit thicker than a usual tortilla. 


Snack: Apple, Orange. Forgot a photo. 

Dinner: Balsamic Farmer's Market Veggie Sub at Old Town Pizza. We have a weekly bible study that meets there, and this is what I get. It's not on the menu, but they make it for me anyway. It's all the veggies on the Farmer's Market pizza, sauteed and put on a sandwich with balsamic reduction and tomato. I usually order a side salad but forgot to specify so I had a nice little grade school throwback with these chips.


Overall, a pretty carb-heavy day, especially dinner, but I really enjoyed it. I will be trying to get more protein in tomorrow.

In other news I cleaned up my fish tank recently: Victoria Dragonslayer has never looked better. We raised her from a baby betta and now she's all pretty and long-finned and blue. I'm pretty sure that actually means she's a guy, but I'm not going to change her name now. 


Luna got to go to the dog park yesterday, and a nice long walk this morning, but it's never enough. This is her favorite spot right now so she can just stare wistfully at the outdoors.


Happy WIAW!

Do you have a fish? When was the last time you cleaned the tank?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!