Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIAW: Like a Teenager Again

Hi from Ohio all and Happy What I Ate Wednesday. For those of you that just pop over on Wednesday, welcome. I'm feeling very 10 years ago this week, both in diet and in schedule.

Thanks as always to Jenn for hosting.

I'm here visiting my sister for the week and it's been quite the lazy few days. I had some work to do still for this rotation - reading/reflecting and the like - so it's been a little work here and a lot of TV there.

I have these puppies to keep me company while my sister's at work, and there's not actually that much snow, just a touch yesterday.

Mostly it's nice.

Here's my little work nest. Papers, laptop, precariously placed mug of coffee.

Sometimes my work get interrupted with these cute little eyes.

The weirdest part is that I've completely reverted to the preferred schedule of my young teenage years. I'm staying up super late (at least midnight) and sleeping in until 10 or 11 AM.

You're doing that math right, I'm sleeping like 10+ hours a night. Although this was a less strenuous rotation, I feel like overall I'm trying to catch up on 8 months of lost sleep this past year since the start of residency.

The other fallout is that I don't get up until practically lunch time and I've been sort of grazing, so my daily eats are less than fascinating.

I did want to share this meal though:

Brunch: Butter Cafe Pancakes, Tofu Scramble Combo. Shannon and I went out to my favorite vegan-friendly breakfast spot, Butter Cafe. I ordered the Vegan Pancakes and she ordered the Tofu Scramble which comes with vegan sausage, toast and potatoes. We split both plates (see below) and it was a perfect mix. Shannon eats vegan as well and it's SO nice to have someone to split dishes with.


Pancakes - also with bananas cooked in.


1 pancake each and half of the tofu scramble plate. All the breakfast flavors I crave.

We also picked up these vegan blondies.

Blondies! Truly though these were just okay. I liked the chocolate chips they used but they were a bit dense and dry.

Dinner: Homemade Pizza. We used storebought flatbreads and pizza sauce and toppings include tomato, Daiya mozzarella, peppers, onions, pineapple, olives, Linkett slices. Bake for 20 mins at 400 degrees. This is a favorite for John and I as well. 


There was also some unpictured cereal, an english muffin with peanut butter, and some Trader Joe's Soy Creamy Vanilla ice cream, which also makes me feel like my 16 year old self. I have it on good authority that dessert on vacation is a requirement. 

Happy What I Ate Wednesday, I hope you're having a great week.

Think back a couple years ago, is your diet different or the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!