Monday, March 14, 2016

Homemade Vegan Pizza

This isn't really a recipe so much as it's a combination of ingredients that are easy to keep in the kitchen and we have it pretty much every week.

It was gorgeous day out today, and the first weekday of my staycation, meaning John went to work and I had the run of the town.

So I got totally crazy.

I took Luna to the park. The sun's out but the park hasn't really gotten its green back yet.



I went to Walgreens AND the grocery store.

I washed a load of whites with bleach.

I made juice in the juicer.

You know, wild stuff.

And tonight is The Bachelor finale. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this, but I'm totally addicted. I've seen every season since the Navy Doctor from Hawaii in Fall 2006. I like both of the top 2 this season, which is a little unusual for me, and I'm just excited to see what happens.

We have a tradition in our house of making homemade pizza on Monday nights, regardless of whether Bachelor is on or not, but especially when it is.

So tonight we have some super exciting finale coming our way and I wanted to share how we make pizza:

Homemade Vegan Pizza

We use a pita crust. It's less work that refrigerated dough and much easier to find a dairy-free version. Tonight it's whole wheat.


Top with a Pizza Sauce of choice. I got this one at Sprouts.


And then get crazy with the toppings. We pretty much always include some Daiya (regular mozzarella for John), onion, pepper and tomato. This week we have fancy broccoli rabe that John picked up at Whole Foods, but usually we use regular broccoli. (If you're thinking broccoli on pizza sounds gross - you are wrong. It is awesome.) Lately I've been adding Linkett and chopped olives as well. The great thing about using a pita is you get kind of a thin crust effect but it's really sturdy so I can pile on the vegetables.






Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, and look, pizza!


Obviously the toppings are completely flexible and you could put on anything you want: pineapple, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, whatever.

So I'm prepping to put this together in a little bit, and then enjoy The Bachelor tonight. 

Thanks for reading, see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!