Sunday, March 20, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 25 Weeks

I have to apologize for the weird things happening with my font colors in this post. Hoping to fix it by next week.

Hard to believe we're already a whole week into month 6. I feel pregnant, but kind of barely so it's really strange to think how long it's already been and having just 3.5 short months left until my due date.

Bump: In these photos I'm wearing a Prana dress from REI that I bought for my rotation in South America about a year ago. It's not maternity wear, but it styles nicely over the bump and is still really comfortable. 



1. How far along are you?

25 weeks.

2. How big is the baby?

A head of cauliflower or a napa cabbage. [1.5-2.5 pounds]. 

3. Total weight gain/loss

No new updates, I was up 9 pounds at my 24 week appointment and my next weight will be at 28 weeks.

4. Purchases

My Old Navy clothes arrived this week. I reviewed them in this post. I also bought this sports bra from Victoria's Secret: Incredible by Victorias Secret Front-close Sport Bra. 


It's so comfortable and I feel like I can do anything in it.

5. Sleep

Sleep has been hit or miss this week. I still woke up for an hour or three several times with allergy symptoms, and one day I woke up around 2:30 and just never went back to sleep. I still feel relatively well-rested though, maybe because it was a vacation week, but I guess it wasn't a big deal that I wasn't sleeping well. Hopefully this week will be better. I'll be back at work so I'll probably be that much more tired when I go to bed at night and that usually helps.

6. Symptoms

I'm actually feeling fine except for my ongoing seasonal allergies. People say second trimester is the best and not having done the third trimester yet I can't comment, but I can see how that might be. 

7. Rings on or off? Still on.

8. Belly button in or out? It's stretched a little, but not really turning out yet.

9. Food cravings/aversions

I find the power of suggestion is very strong, and last week with my baby being the size of cantaloupe, I just really wanted some melon. I thought it was kind of early for them, but I found some in my supermarket, chopped it up and put it in the fridge so it would be nice and cold and it was like candy. Perfect with some spicy leftover Thai curry.




I think I'm through the aversions stage - I mean I always hate the smell of meat or cheese counters but that's from before pregnancy.

10. Fitness

This week I went a couple times to gym, took a few miles around the golf course near our house with Luna, did yoga on days I didn't go to the gym, went to my yoga class, and also did my regular walk with Luna at least twice a day, so it was probably my highest exercise week in ages. I mean if I get in 10 minutes of something most days while I'm working that's great so it was really nice to be on vacation and have time to focus a little on my fitness. I don't think it's realistic to set goals to extend from now until the end of pregnancy because my body is changing dramatically. 

For next week I'll just say I'd like to go to the gym at least twice and there's a online prenatal vinyasa flow I've saved that I haven't done yet, so I'd like to do that and shorter routines on the other days. 

11. Feelings and Mood

I was a lot moodier and more tearful this week. I mean, it was vacation so I felt like I should just be happy, and falling into the "should" trap of how I ought to feel certainly didn't help. At the beginning of the week I had a lot of time ahead of me and a very long list of things I wanted to tackle (both fun and productive) and I was feeling pretty good. Then starting Wednesday afternoon I just started to feel overwhelmed by the things I "should" be doing. Then I had this frustrating post office experience and I ended up crying in front of the lady at the post office. She shouldn't have been rude. I will stain your counter with tears - don't think I won't. I don't think it was really about the little frustrations happening, they were just the triggers. It was more about bigger questions, like how to best fill free time to feel relaxed but also satisfied and happy. It was definitely the first time I felt the pregnancy hormones people talk about. 

12. Pregnancy Perks

A new section on the updates, I'm hoping to be able to report something I'm enjoying about being pregnant each week.

I have to preface this by saying that I used to get asked at least once every 2 weeks by a parent or patient how old I am (with the incredulous tone that I'm probably not old enough to be their doctor). I'm not upset about that - it's nice to look young I guess. However, ever since I've started being visibly pregnant, people have stopped asking. It's as though a baby bump gives me enough authority that they no longer feel the need to ask me if I'm 18 years old. 

13. Best moment this week

John got me a prenatal massage for Christmas at Betty's Bath and Day Spa. I went to get it this week and it was amazing. My therapist's name was Erin and it was seriously one of the best massages I've ever had. I also just loved being able to lie on my stomach on the cutout table - I used to be so comfortable on my stomach in my pre-pregnancy life and I really missed it. I'm already angling for another one when we get to the third trimester. 

Now I'm just trying to make sure I feel prepared for another week of work - just a couple more things to do today.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!