Sunday, March 6, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 23 Weeks

It's another week already and I can't believe how quickly things change. I'm a little overwhelmed and I don't sleep so well [both discussed in more detail below] but we're doing all right.

1. How far along are you? 

23 weeks

2. How big is baby? 

My Bump app says a grapefruit. My Ovia app says a bunch of grapes. They just kind of give ranges of weight and length that are the same as last week, so I know I feel bigger, but these fruits aren't super useful for picturing his size. Grapefruit does sound really good though...


3. Total weight gain/loss? 

Update with next week's post - I have an appointment on Tuesday.

4. Purchases? 

This week I was at H&M getting a cute outfit for a friend who's about to have a baby girl, which of course brought me right next to the maternity clothing section and I couldn't resist looking. I picked this navy T-shirt. It's organic cotton, really soft and super comfortable. You can find it online here. I wore a medium. It's the first thing I've bought from H&M maternity - lots of things just weren't my style but maybe as the seasons change I'll have better luck.


5. Sleep

I'll be honest I wrote most of this post in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. If I take a benadryl I can sometimes make it through the night. If not, I wake up about 2 AM and I'm up for a couple hours because I'm itchy and blowing my nose from all the allergies, then I nap for an hour or 2 before I get up for the day. I don't think it's an actual sleep problem, it's all down to the allergies, but it is kind of annoying.

6. Symptoms?

I still threw up again a couple days ago, but I feel fine most of the time. I think that's mostly vitamin related - I really have to have a full stomach for it to sit well. My skin is also crazy dry - enough that I'm getting some eczema patches, which haven't been a problem since I was a tiny kid. Other than that I feel pretty good. 

7. Food cravings/aversions? 

Sweet things still sound good most of the time but this week instead of just desserts I also want piles of fruit. Oranges and apples and grapes.

8. Feelings?

I'm a little overwhelmed this week. It's not really work - I'm on a rotation that isn't that bad because it's not affected by respiratory season and I have more other residents to share the work with than I expected to. 

It's applying for my Oregon Medical License ($423!), registering for the Pediatric Boards ($2265!), the lecture I'm giving this week, submitting paperwork for credentialing and malpractice insurance and figuring out health insurance because chances are I won't be a resident anymore when I deliver this baby, research and quality improvement and the task list just keeps growing. There are 3 new things as soon as I check off one. Add to that the enormous pressure of keeping my tiny human healthy with regular exercise and smart eating choices and maybe the 2 hours I spend awake in the middle of the night isn't helping but I just feel a little overwhelmed.

9. Best moment this week? We went to a tea room for a baby shower for a friend who's due any moment and it was so fun to be out with friends and see her all prepared to welcome her baby. I have a long way to go to feel that ready. 

10. Bump

23 Weeks.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!