Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pregnancy Update: 26 Weeks

Happy Easter! I don't really have a post prepared specifically for the occasion, we're just headed to a potluck at a friend's house. So here's a pregnancy update instead, hope that's ok.

26 weeks already! Just a couple left until the third trimester.

Bump: I'm wearing a Stitch Fix dress that felt Easter appropriate. The cardigan is from Target.




1. How far along are you? 

26 weeks

2. How big is baby? 

A head of lettuce. He's supposed to range anywhere from 1.5-2.5 pounds still. I had a followup anatomy ultrasound this week and he's 80th percentile and estimated at 2 pounds 6 oz (though of course that's not super accurate). Still, I'm growing a good size little man. 

3. Total weight gain/loss

No updates yet - coming up at 28 weeks.

4. Purchases

This week I got Stitch Fix #2: that post is here.

5. Sleep

I woke up Friday with a sore throat/cough thing that I'm sure I caught from one of those darling kids I see in the urgent care that coughed in my face. That's been messing with my sleep a bit. Last night John left to sleep in the other bed because I was coughing so much.

6. Symptoms

As I said, the cold/cough this week is pretty rough. I've been moving my humidifier around and trying to just sit in the cloud, drinking lots of tea and taking the occasional Tylenol. Pregnancy-wise I'm honestly doing fine and I'm just grateful for that because this virus is no fun.

7. Rings on or off?

Still on.

8. Belly button in or out?

Stretching out more every day, but still in.

9. Food cravings/aversion

I am just eating fruit and sweet things all the time. Literally at least 6 servings of fruit a day and usually a dessert. Of course I'm also trying to get plenty of protein, eat vegetables etc. and I'm doing my gestational diabetes test next week but in the mean time there is fruit everywhere.

Fresh pineapple!

10. Fitness

This week I had wanted to make it to the gym at least twice and do the online hour-long yoga workout I had bookmarked. I was doing ok until the cold hit and I did get in the yoga and one trip to the gym. I skipped my yoga class yesterday because I just wasn't up for it, and I didn't want to expose all those other pregnant women to what I have. I'm hoping this improves fast - this is day 3 so far and I tell patients all the time that it can last 3 weeks, I'm just hoping this one doesn't.

11. Feelings and Mood

It was a busy week at work and I felt drained but I guess I had less time to be moody. Overall I felt okay - I just feel like I'm burning out really quickly and counting down the days. There's only 3 months until the end of residency, and only about 4 weeks until I have research and reading blocks that are a little more self-directed. I just feel like I'm ready to move on to the next chapter of my life and these last few months are passing so slowly.

12. Pregnancy Perks

In my whole pregnancy my local Smith's (Kroger, Fred Meyer equivalent) is the only store I've been to that has a pregnant lady parking spot, but I just started using it and it really is kind of nice. 


13. Best moment this week

As I mentioned above I had a follow up anatomy ultrasound. There isn't anything wrong - he was just too squirmy to get a good view of the arches of the heart at the last one. So this week we got to spend almost an hour and a half looking at him on the ultrasound and even got to see part of his face on the 3D ultrasound. He looks like a human! He's even kind of cute. We also had a funny moment with the ultrasound tech when she first started because she hadn't looked at how far along I was and thought we were doing a first trimester screening. She set the ultrasound probe on my belly and it practically bounced off she was so startled by the size of my baby. There's definitely a big difference between 12 and 26 weeks. It reminded me how far we've already come.

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!