Friday, March 4, 2016

Friday Faves 3/4/16

Happy Friday! The last time I did a Friday Faves was many months ago: this one.

So let's not talk about how embarrassingly long ago that was. Here are some favorites:

1. Things My Sisters Say

On the subject of baby names my sisters have been both helpful and ridiculous:


2. Music: The Staves, Horizons. The newer album If I Was has been my favorite dog walking or working soundtrack recently.


3. Snack or Meal: This is the Seitan Bacon Wedge Salad with Horseradish Dressing from Salad Samurai and this book is incredible. This is a super hearty salad with seasoned seitan and a creamy cashew ranch that is just amazing.


4. Lifestyle and Beauty

I'm not sure if it's pregnancy or just worse than usual in New Mexico (it's probably pregnancy) but my skin is impossibly dry, such that I can't put foundation on because it just highlights my dry flakes.

I'm keeping an eye on my water intake, but I'm also having to apply my "glow" artificially. Between the dry and the allergies I'm feeling a little less than my best.

To combat it I've been mixing this BB cream with my moisturizer, which just makes a sheer layer that makes my skin look better without being covered up.

Pacifica Alight Multimineral BB cream, Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer

5. Recipe: We recently made a 10 Spice Vegetable Soup from Oh She Glows and it's so good! I didn't take a picture but I think my favorite part (besides the spice) was the kale. I made the spice blend and put the extra in a tiny half size canning jar and it's also been really good for a quick tofu scramble.

Happy weekend!

Thanks for reading, see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!