1. Okay, the number one reason is that Boyfriend, in all his brilliance, received his acceptance to a graduate program for engineering this week.
I'm so proud of him it's hard to contain. This way he'll be able to finish school even before I'm done. And the best part? This program puts him just an hour from me...and he's moving in June! He's currently living 2.5 hours away, but now very shortly it will be that much easier for us to see each other.
2. Awesome yogurt cereal bowls and the rediscovery of grapefruit with my breakfast:
3. A birthday celebration at the Old Spaghetti Factory. Minestrone soup, tea, and the whole wheat spaghetti with marinara. The mushroom sauce is also vegan, but I sort of despise mushrooms. It was great hanging out with friends outside of school. Sometimes I forget we hardly ever do that.
4. Today in my pharmacology simulation lab, my (mannequin) patient lived!
5. We got our rotation order for next year - clinicals start - and I got my first choice!
The order will be:
10 weeks Surgery
8 weeks Pediatrics
2 weeks Elective
6 weeks OB/GYN
4 weeks Family
10 weeks Internal Medicine
4 weeks Neurology
6 weeks Psychiatry
This is awesome because:
a. I get surgery done with first. Since I'm not interested in surgery, spending the sweltering summer in an air-conditioned operating room and getting the hang of clinicals sounds perfect.
b. I'm interested in pediatrics as a career, so the exposure early on in the year lets me be sure I really like it.
c. Psychiatry is a pretty relaxed rotation, so I'll have plenty of time to study at the end of the year for the other part of Boards - USMLE Step 2.
6. Dinner tonight! I had leftover spaghetti from last night (I only ate half at the restaurant), half an onion, and half a yellow squash. What to do? Oh my gosh, this turned out so awesome. I sauteed the squash and onion about 8 mins in 1 tsp oil, then added the pasta to the frying pan and heated through. Topped with a few shakes of nutritional yeast. So. Good.
7. Although I've yet to stick well to my Ducks-in-a-Row Daily Schedule, I've been having some very productive study days, and, at least for the moment, it feels like it's going to be okay.
How about you? Has anything gone well lately? I'd love to hear.