Monday, April 25, 2011

Yeah We Have Lots of Time to Garden.

My day was completely full of studying. Yawn. So...

______________________________________

Let's take a garden tour. It's super-short I promise.



This is my garden.


It has 3.75 plants and 4 billion weeds. Down from 6 billion before I weeded a corner on Saturday.

I successfully grow chives and mint:

Chives. 

Mint. 

I sort of grow thyme. 
What you don't see it?

I mark it with a stick, otherwise I'd never find it. It's not exactly thriving. 

And I would love to grow basil - unfortunately this is my latest attempt:



It sort of looks like a despairing housewife. If it were human I suspect it would attempt to overdose on Valium and Chardonnay. 

No will to live at all.

Gardening is one of those things I know just enough about to attempt - but not really enough to be successful, which is all right, because I certainly don't have time to keep up with a full garden. And the 90 degree days are just around the corner, which really ups the challenge. 

_________________________________________

Easter Chocolate of the Day: "Nugget" - I don't really know what that means, but it was caramelly-delicious. 


Can you help me save my basil?