Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Treating Myself Well.

So in light of yesterday's post on unhealthful emotional eating I've been paying close attention the past couple days to how differently I feel when my eating falls the way I intend it to: healthful, abundant (but not overly so), and completely full of natural flavor. Thanks so much for your supportive comments. 

To the happy fuel...

I haven't had this breakfast since race day and I forgot how much I love it. 

Toasted sandwich thin + almond butter + 1/2 banana. Morning tea of course.



After this tasty combo yesterday, I had an empty almond butter jar. Yes, you know what that means: OIAJ!

In the mix:
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
5 oz. water
1/2 banana
Almond butter bits and languishings!





I scraped very diligently ... no almond butter left behind in this house. 

Tea, of course. 

Lunches have been leftover Curry "Chicken" Salad (modified Vegan Planet recipe) over Spinach. Extra dijon mustard. The whole grain dijon from Trader Joe's? I'll spread it on anything. 



And dinner, oh my dinner. Tonight I made an easy pasta combo. 

4 oz. cooked whole wheat rotini + 1/2 cup organic marinara sauce + sauteed carrot, celery and onion + liberal nutritional yeast


It's Cadia. When I don't have lots of cook time to make my own, it's become my new favorite jarred sauce. Look at all those lovely organic herbs and veggies. 




My mind and body are on the same page again. Now the study part of my mind is at war with the wanna-have-fun part of my mind about watching last night's Glee...

Either way I win right?