Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Things to Love Lately.

And: The best salad ever - a recipe from my Mom.

First things first, look what came in the mail last week!



This is the "I Wear My Heart in my Hair" Headband from miss Emily Elizabeth over at Say Lovely. She had a promotion a little while back and sent me this free...how awesome it that? She has some awesome crochet skills and I can't even believe how comfortable this was to keep my hair off my face for a study day. I may order like 4 more. Check her out. 

_____________________________________

Okay, just a little food loving:

Banana Berry Granola Yogurt bowls.

This oatmeal is actually Boyfriend's, and this is before the addition of the usual amounts of brown sugar. In his words, I "hijacked it" while he was still adding toppings. But I wanted you to be able to see the bananas, not just a brown sugar coating. 

Mine - Maple Almond Butter Banana Oats.

More leftover Cheezy Veggie Potato Mash, and vegan grillers.


And finally, this (last night's dinner): 


Mom's Asian Coleslaw AKA The Best Salad Ever 
230 Calories. 320 with tofu. 
134 g cabbage, red and green (I just used green)
7 g salad almonds                    
21 g ramen noodles uncooked    
1 tsp. sugar                                   
1/2 T good quality rice vinegar     
1 tsp. oil                                          
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
(1/4 package stovetop tofu, made earlier, then refrigerated to cool.)

Just mix it all together. It's about 1/4 ramen package and a little less than a 1/4 head of cabbage, 1.5 cups. 

My dad's response when mom made this at home was, "Wow, you really feel like you've eaten something." It's super crunchy. And awesome.



Thanks mom! Happy Sabbath to all.

2 comments:

GraceyJ said...

ummm yumm!!!!!!
looks sooo good!
come make that salad for me please(:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I am sure that my mom will love this if I will tell her about this best salad ever. It will inspire her since shes no longer eating meat and beef. :D Let me also share something, I also follow one website which talks about vegan food and fitness, http://www.bodybyblasian.com/
take care!

Post a Comment

Add a comment!