Monday, May 30, 2011

Down the Highway

Remember this guy?


It's okay if you don't recognize him. It's been a while since we've seen him here. This is John, also known as my boyfriend. However, because of finals and Boards, I haven't seen him in 6 weeks. We've gone months at a time without seeing each other in the past, like when I lived in Madrid, but since he lives just a couple hours away now, it's really been quite a long time. 

This evening though, I'm getting on the road and going to Santa Barbara, and I'm really looking forward to seeing him and some of my other college friends again. I've been really blessed to have great classmates to go through these past couple months with, but studying is isolating no matter how many people are going through the same thing, and I'm glad to be on vacation. 

__________________________________

Detox Update

a. Caffeine: I'm definitely in withdrawal. I'm feeling tired and getting little headaches, but it will be worth it when I'm off of it. More pain meds and herbal tea for now. 

b. Food: I'm eating well. That said, there's actually no food in my cupboards right now, since I'm about to leave, so I'm eating well but not exactly cooking. Except for oatmeal. I always have oats. 

Breakfasts: Why are my oats so gray? Because they have frozen blueberries cooked into them. The second bowl was also made with chocolate milk. I would say it's a throwback to childhood, but I've been lactose intolerant my whole life and actually hated milk as a kid, so chocolate milk is a recent addition to my grocery list. Still, cooking it into your oats = awesome. 





Lunch/Dinner: Chipotle. These burritos are enormous and if you cut in half...two meals! If I don't want leftovers I usually get a burrito bol - also known as a salad. 


My toppings: Black beans, fajita veggies, guacamole, lettuce, fresh tomato and corn salsas. 

c. Exercise: I got up on time - 5 am - this morning and got in a 3 mile loop. I also updated my running playlist. It was definitely a great decision. My goals dictate 2 more runs and at least 2 strength workouts this week. I'm taking workout stuff with me to visit Santa Barbara. Run along the beach? Yes. 

_______________________________________

Don't forget about the Virtual Summer Retreat starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment!